Sunday, October 21, 2007

Food Hygiene

Yes, you guessed right. I am here to warn others about a (in my point of view) fucked up stall.

Singapore Polytechnic Foodcourt 4 Ban Mian

Although I frequent FC4 almost everyday, but till now, 2.735294118 years since I came into SP, I only ate from that stall 4 (or 5) times. And guess what? I am just that lucky to receive a bowl of noodles from that stall with a bug. Poor, dead, roasted, stewed and marinated bug, about 57/113 the size of the nail of your little finger (that, of course excludes people like *you know who*, who has freaking long little finger nails).

When I found the bug, I 'what the fuck'-ed and stomp back to the stall. I waved to him, pointed to him the bug and kept quiet. Then, I heard the two girls, who were waiting for their noodles, exclaimed *out of my vocabulary*-ly, :"咦~~~为什么有虫的~~~???!!! (Eeeee~~ Why got bugs one~~~???!!!)". I am not sure if they managed to finish their noodles. He apologised 4 times in total. Refunded me my money, and offer to prepare a new bowl.

The bug here is not the main focus, because eating that bowl of noodles may (would) not result in any deaths or uncomfort. But, isn't just disgusting? To find a bug in your food. Lucky for me, I was still stirring the noodles when I saw it. Imagine you only saw it until you finish your last strand of noodles. You would curse and swear (not for someone who enjoys eating bugs). Well, if for me, I wouldn't be just returning the noodles, I will call upon the NEA. I will not just keep quiet and show him the bug 'sleeping' there, I will make sure the whole FC gets to hear what I say. I will not just make do with a refund, I will make them lose their licence.

Moving on to the refund. Now, this is my main point. With his right hand holding to the bowl, passing on to my right hand, his left hand holding on to $3, trying to pass on to my left hand, below the bowl, trying to hide his act of refunding. What does this mean? What does this look like? Maybe you can't visualise the whole situation, so let me tell you, the whole scene looks like bribery. Trying to save some reputation? Fat hope! I am going to tell everyone. BlehXz. :P

And one more thing. I saw a guy, helping himself with more anchovies (ikan bilis). While caught red handed by the guy inside, his reaction was: "诶!不可以,很贵的。。。你没有付那么多钱,不要拿酱多!(Oi, very expensive, this one. You never pay so much, don't take so much.)" Come on! Anchovies expensive? Who the fuck are you trying to kid? Noodles + veges + meat + egg. Collecting $3 still not making money? Taking a few more anchovies will make you bankrupt? Don't be an ass! Pucker! (With a 'P'~~~~, as quoted from "SHH").

I have said my piece. I am not going to eat from that stall ever again, so does my friend(s). How about you?

No comments: