Tuesday, May 20, 2008

4 years just isn't enough

4 years here refer to 4 years in secondary school, classmates of whole 4 years. Really, 4 isn't a big number. Add a 'year', and it seems long enough, but trust me, its not. They can be joking and playing with you, but you never know when they will try to eat you. Here is a situation to illustrate my point:

A, B, C, D and E, organizers of a chalet, organized a chalet (obviously). Invites people with an estimate cost of $20+ each. 20 people turned up. Ended up collecting $35 from each person. WOW, a $700 chalet. 3 days 2 nights $35 sounds quite expensive? NO. Its 2 days 1 night for $35. We probably ate gold-plated satays and otahs.

Of course, F, G, H, I, J and K wasn't at all happy with $35, with disbelieve of course, raised it to organizer A. Now, this is the fun part. A says everyone, paying $35, is UNDERPAYING. Of course at this time any sane person would not believe. So F, me, requests for a breakdown of costs. And guess what happened? Even more exciting! $35 is an OVERPAYING amount.

A, feeling guilty, referred this to B, a guy who is all ready to start an argument. B told me that A received $210. 10 people did not pay. At this point, doing some calculations: 5 organizers/co-organizers would have paid. Yet, 9 participants paid $35 each to C, a co-organizer. Which in fact turns out to be 14 people who paid. 6 would be the correct number to say when it comes to listing those who haven't pay. Very obvious. B is implying that some of us 9 did not pay. I told B, that 9 people paid to C, and if they did not receive it, they should reconsider trusting C.

A and B, felt guilty again and offered to refund $50 back, with lots of unhappiness. Since they would be returning to me, I asked them to include my Mahjong winnings of $7.40, which they DELIBERATELY shunned after the game of Mahjong. B now gets angry and asked me to shut.

Hey! If $7.40, which was supposed to be rightfully mine, will make you angry, you are nuts. (As in those that you hate your boss.)

This continues with a little while more of arguments which is not important for this blog.

*End of story*

My point: Classmates of 4 years can scam you. Sorry, I never knew or met them before in my life. Should I say bye? Maybe not, I don't even know them.

No comments: