Thursday, May 15, 2008

On the days before 1985...

Were you born before 1985? Do you remember things before 1985? If you do, do you find this familiar?



Recognise? Looks like some fuckedup retarded person. (Sounds familiar? I used a wrong word. The picture only shows one face.)

Anyway, if you can't recognise the ever so familiar logo, its Darkie. Okok, some of you may be wondering what on Earth is Darkie. Its the Darlie before 1985. I actually prefer this logo over the current one. Too bad it was renamed and relogoed due to racism. Come to think of it, its really... Haha...

Darkie had a better smile than Darlie.

Since I am on toothpastes now, I want to say something about the current trends in toothpaste commercials. I don't know why, but the commercials now all portray one dentist speaking. As you had always learnt in school : One person's opinion cannot represent the whole community, and sources not backed up are not to be trusted. ("The brand most dentist recommend")

I really don't see the effectiveness of these commercials. Especially when they decide to use people who can't talk properly. I wouldn't buy these (Colgate and Sensodyne) toothpastes. Just take a look at Darlie's commercial! So full of life! (If you remember it that is. Shows a girl waking up from bed then goes into the toilet.)

Boring facts don't appeal to people. Especially when you have to listen to it (in non accurate speech) over and over again. Whereas if the Darlie commercial is to repeat, you can still enjoy the music (or may be the girl). All in all, I am a supporter of Darlie, that's all. Yes, I am a supporter of Darlie because other brand's commercials really sucks. And Mr Darkie there looks cute. v^^v.

No comments: